You can participate in the UN2020 Initiative by joining one of our working groups. Read about what each of the working groups is responsible for and then sign up.
Fundraising Working Group
- Develop funding proposals, budgets and concept notes for UN2020 events and other activities; tailor according to donor requirements.
- Develop and maintain a list of existing & potential donors and sponsors.
- Schedule and organize meetings with potential funders and follow-up.
- Maintain fundraising tracking matrix to include potential funders, proof of concept requirements, meeting dates, email follow-up dates, next steps.
- Organize fundraising activities.
Events Planning Working Group
- Develop program for UN75 NGO forum or a series of forums depending on funding.
- Support UN75 NGO Town Hall Meetings hosted by the PGA, UNDGC, UNDESA.
- Organize and/or cosponsor side events at key UN calendar events such as CSW64, Beijing+25 forums, 2020 NPT Review Conference, HLPF 2020, UNGA 2020, UN Day.
- Support co-sponsored events organized by UN2020 partners.
- Maintain calendar of key events for 2020.
UN75 Dialogues Working Group
- In cooperation with UN75 secretariat, encourage CSOs to convene UN75 formal focus groups, informal conversations, online discussions and social media chats with diverse constituencies at national & grassroots level, focusing on youth and marginalized communities.
- Harvest recommendations and ideas from UN75 dialogue outcomes to generate messaging for UN2020 advocacy & communications working groups.
- Track UN75 related studies, research and meeting outcomes that feature UN reform innovations for UN2020 advocacy strategy.
UNGA Advocacy Working Group
- Organize civil society advocacy at UNGA, missions & national capitals during the negotiations of the UN75 political declaration in the lead up to the UN75 Summit.
- Coordinate UN75 advocacy with MGoS advocacy of the HLPF Review negotiation.
- Develop and coordinate messaging for proposed UN75 civil society declaration.
- Develop advocacy strategy targeting UN75 political declaration once it is adopted in September 2020.
Media and Communications Working Group
- Content Creation
- Branding and Design
- Social Media and Website Strategy
- Advocacy and Promotion