Ways to help promote UN2020 on social media
Social media channels
Use our hashtags on social media
Regular posts to help promote UN2020 generally:
- You can find images for your posts (formatted for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) on UN2020’s Trello board.
- Remember to use our hashtags (#MultilateralismMatters #UN2020 #Make2020Count) along with other relevant ones.
- There are also header images for Twitter and Facebook.
- Post about relevant UN days.
New to Twitter? Go here.
Sample posts and tweets
- 2020 is the 75th anniversary of the United Nations, an opportunity to take stock and strengthen the UN system through a partnership of civil society, government, and the UN. See what we’re doing at UN2020.org
- Help us create the Future We Want together at UN2020.org
- Now is the time to solve our most urgent global problems #Make2020Count, before it’s too late! #MultilateralismMatters
- Join the UN2020 mailing list to keep up to date on current activities and monthly calls at http://un2020.org/updates/ #MultilateralismMatters #UN2020 #Make2020Count
- I’m supporting the UN2020 initiative! Check out what’s happening at un2020.org #MultilateralismMatters #UN2020 #Make2020Count
- I’m supporting the UN2020 initiative! Creating a Better World for Everyone. Check it out at un2020.org #MultilateralismMatters #UN2020 #Make2020Count
Are you attending an event co-sponsored by UN2020 or otherwise relevant to UN75?
Here are some suggestions for making the most of it.
Before the event:
- Make a note the names and organizations of those involved, including their Twitter handles.
- Draft sample tweets from the event
- Let people know (on Twitter and Facebook) that you will be livetweeting the event or sharing a livestream/watch party on Facebook.
- Encourage people to ask questions or reply to your tweets.
During the event
- Don’t try to quote speakers directly, it’s okay to paraphrase.
- Include photos and video clips if possible.
- Remember to use relevant hashtags (including #MultilateralismMatters #UN2020 #Make2020Count)
- Share/retweet content from others at or watching the event.
After the event:
- Link to the UN2020 website to direct people to further information on how they can become involved.
- Share photos and video on the UN2020 Slack channel #attending-an-event